Student Messaging System
New Student Inform Features and Schedule
Important: On August 10, 2020, Student Inform transitioned from a daily email to a weekly email, sent to students every Monday at 8:30 AM. Please see guidelines below for additional information.
Student Inform is a tool for the campus-wide delivery of announcements/notifications to students. Submitted messages are compiled and delivered in a weekly email Mondays at 8:30 AM. Only faculty and staff can submit messages through Student Inform. All submissions to Student Inform are subject to approval by the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing based on adherence to the following guidelines:
- Submissions must relate to university business, of general interest and importance to a sizable number of the student population.
- Submissions should be proofread prior to submission. Please ensure all dates, times, and links are correct – neither the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing or University Information Technology Services is responsible for the accuracy of your message.
- Use standard formatting and punctuation in your messages (e.g., no full capitalization or repeated punctuation marks).
- Message titles should be specific to the topic and no more than 6 words.
- Submissions should be concise and include only relevant, factual information.
- Multiple entries from a single department should be consolidated into one message with a link to a webpage offering specific details of each event, course, etc.
- Only events that are sponsored by, directly involve, and/or appeal to students will be considered.
- Surveys of students will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- No communications or solicitations from outside vendors will be permitted.
- If it is determined that Student Inform is not the appropriate medium for your message, we will notify you with recommendations for other options.
- Messages must be submitted by noon on Friday to be included in the following Monday’s digest.
If you have any questions about these guidelines and/or if you have a question about a message prior to submission, please contact email@example.com or 470-578-6203.